Thursday 8 January 2009

15th December - We Move In

We didn't actually get any photos of this, but the 15th December was the day we moved in. The place was an absolute tip, basically all built and finished, but with zero cleaning work looked like a tip. First night in the chalet was a pretty special moment.

The next two days, we had the cleaners in. I had argued that we could do the cleaning ourselves & saved a few quid. I'm so glad I was voted down on that one... it took 2-3 guys 2 days to get the place looking presentable, with all the proper industrial gear. It did look sparkling when they were done.

The two days after that we spent putting the furniture in. The chalet has three floors and a basement. I must have run up & down those stairs 50 times a day with various bits of sofas, tables, TVs etc etc. I think my legs are now made of steel and all my jeans seem to have slightly more of a hipster cut to them now than they used to.

No comments: